1. When the heaven is split asunder,
And listens and obeys its Lord, and it must do so;
3. And when the earth is stretched forth,
4. And has cast out all that was in it and became empty,
5. And listens and obeys its Lord, and it must do so;
6. O man! Verily, you are returning towards your Lord with your
deeds and actions (good or bad), a sure returning, so you will meet
(i.e. the results of your deeds which you did).
7. Then, as for him who will be given his Record in his right
8. He surely will receive an easy
9. And will return to his
family in joy!
10. But whosoever is given
his Record behind his back,
11. He will
invoke (his) destruction,
12. And shall
enter a blazing Fire, and made to taste its burning.
13. Verily, he was among his people in joy!
14. Verily, he thought that he would never come back (to Us)!
15. Yes! Verily, his Lord has been ever beholding him!
16. So I swear by the afterglow of sunset;
17. And by the night and whatever it gathers in its darkness;
18. And by the moon when it is at the full,
19. You shall certainly travel from stage to stage (in this life
and in the Hereafter).
20. What is the
matter with them, that they believe not?
And when the Qur'an is recited to them, they fall not prostrate,
22. Nay, (on the contrary), those who disbelieve, belie (Prophet
Muhammad () and whatever
he brought, i.e. this Qur'an and Islamic Monotheism, etc.).
23. And Allah knows best what they gather (of good and bad
24. So announce to them a painful
25. Save those who believe and do
righteous good deeds, for them is a reward that will never come to an
end (i.e. Paradise).